When you endorse checks you authorize the bank to do something with it. In most cases, you just want to deposit or cash a check. However, some situations are different. The list below shows how to endorse checks depending on what you need.
- Simply Signing - an easy endorsement that may be risky
- Keeping Your Information Secret - do you want everybody to know what your signature looks like?
- Making Sure it Goes Into Your Account - that may be the most important thing
- Signing Checks Over to Somebody Else - if you can’t pay them any other way
- Checks Payable to Multiple Parties - does everybody need to sign?
Now that you know how to endorse checks, figure out the best way to deposit them. With fancy new gadgets, you can often skip the teller line (and even the paper check itself):