If you need to pay for school, there are government loans available to both students and parents. If you're lucky, you may qualify for subsidized loans - meaning you don't have to pay interest on some government loans while you're in school.
- Perkins Loans - the first choice for students
- Stafford Loans - easy to qualify for. Interest may be subsidized
- PLUS Loans - parents can borrow large amounts
- Student Loans 101
Government Loans for Housing
The government has an interest in home ownership. Therefore, they have programs available to encourage and assist buyers.
- First Time Home Buyer Programs - available through local governments
- FHA Loans - government loans for those with little spare cash
A rising tide floats all boats. If you need help starting your venture, shop government loan programs first.
- Small Business Government Loans - listing of government loan programs for entrepreneurs
As an alternative to government loans, you can borrow from individuals through peer to peer lending. There are tradeoffs of course, but you might find the loan you need.